sexta-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2014

The Way He Looks


In 2011 I watched a short movie called "Não quero voltar sozinho". I remember it was late at night and I couldn't sleep. I found the movie by chance. I couldn't stop myself, so I wrote an e-mail to the movie director, Daniel Ribeiro. Today I had the pleasure of watching his feature film about that same story. It is called "The Way He Looks", or "Hoje eu quero voltar sozinho". I would like to thank him for telling us these stories. I copy here this e-mail I wrote him 4 years ago. And I am happy to repeat those same words now, after watching his feature film.

Dear Daniel,

Today, as it sometimes happen, I am a little sleepless. I found your two short movies by chance on YouTube. I was feeling kind of sad. And when I watched "Café com Leite", I became definitely sad. But it was a different kind of sadness. I felt connected to your characters. Right after, when I watched the second movie "Eu não quero voltar sozinho", this melancholy became something else. It became hope. In that story I could relive moments of my teenage years long forgotten.
I believe I am telling you all this because I want to congratulate you. You are a great artist. And you touched me. Today I hadn't slept yet because  my day was not supposed to end before I could watch your two stories.
You are a great storyteller, Daniel. And I want to hear more.
Keep up your great work!

Hugs,
Gustavo Carneiro

Nenhum comentário: