segunda-feira, 8 de abril de 2013

La bamba


I woke up a little late today… And this means rushing through breakfast, quick shower and no time to think. Go, run, quickly! And finally I am there at the subway. Now all I have to do is to wait a few minutes and then I will be at school and my day will start being productive. The thing is: life does not play by the rules. And almost everyday, it keeps starting way before my personal script.
This morning I was quietly sitting and listening to my music. It was a Brazilian singer called Cassia Eller, telling me about “what it meant to be a little girl…”. My train stopped and its doors opened. Nobody got in or out. But in the last moment this guy rushes in, carrying a girl in one hand and a sound box in the other. They seem a little breathless, probably because of all the running to get to the train in time. I notice that there is an iPod connected to the sound box and he is carrying a trumpet. They look at each other and smile. He presses “play” and the show begins. “Para bailar la bamba!” And the trumpet “pananananana”, and again “Para bailar la bamba se necesita una poca de gracia...”. My Brazilian singer gets shy because of all the fuss they are making. I look up and the girl is dancing and playing a rattle. She smiles at me and I smile back. Actually not only me. Everybody gets excited by the small show. Some are clapping here… Others follow with their feet there… But nobody wants to stand and dance. Do you know why? In a few seconds they turn the sound box off and now it is time for tips. The girl goes to one side of the train and the guy to the other one. Unfortunately I will not contribute to them. If I do it, I will get bankrupt, since I have around three of those concerts everyday.
So… You might be thinking that this is a true chow, right? Wrong! The real spectacle comes now: the girl comes back from her round smiling and saying things in a language I don’t understand! She is happy and dancing more than ever! I notice that she has a green banknote in her hand. That is it, somebody gave her a 100 euros tip. And now she is hugging and cheering with her friend. The train stops and they leave, not before letting lots of happiness fall from their soul and invade our wagon. It was one of the most beautiful scenes I have seen in the train the last days. And it was a great way to start my week. Yes, it is good to know that life starts when it wishes to.

Baila la bamba... Baila la bamba...


Nenhum comentário: